Tax Ideas | Chatswood
We have a wealth of knowledge and experience.
As a Sydney North Shore focused Chatswood accounting firm, experience and tax knowledge, as well as a passionate attitude and proactive method, are crucial to providing accounting and tax service.
Our personal tax expert’s services include tax return; tax advice on capital gains; superannuation review and wealth strategies. Our business accountant services include BAS lodgement; bookkeeping services; company tax returns; sole trader tax returns, and business consultancy.
Address: Shop 6 / 465 Victoria Av Chatswood NSW 2067
Our core value
- Our people are enthusiastic, positive and take ownership of what they do.
- Our clients appreciate the value of knowledge and respect quality advice.
- Our firms enable our people and clients to achieve their goals with ideas and commitments.
- Our philosophy is to achieve an outstanding result with the collaboration of multiple ‘Ideas Partners and Firms’.
Trust the process
Process is vital for quality assurance.
Ask Us a Question
and you can expect a call back or email answer regarding your question.
Book Your FREE Consultation
Explore Our Ideas Services
Discover Powerful Unknowns, Gain Better Positions.
Paying lots of tax? Love share and property investments? Need tax and financial advice? Talk to us to gain better positions.
Starting a business? Taking the business to the next level? We are your partner in growth. Together, we make your business prosper.
CPA / CA with 8 years+ experience? Passionate about Tax? Ready to give your heart to your clients? Join us and become an Ideas Partner.
Tax Return and Advisory, Wealth Strategies, Superannuation Experts, You will Gain Better Positions.
Bookkeeping, BAS, Annual accounts, Companies and Trusts Grow your business with Ideas.
We love to work with the professionals who love what they do. Become a partner, not a employee!
Mr Wong is a new migrant from HongKong. He has accumulated a decent amount of wealth overseas and came to Australia to enjoy the retirement life. He’s worried about Australian tax burden on his existing asset portfolios after becoming Australian tax resident.
We have reviewed Mr Wong’s situation and implemented a series of preparation plans to minimise the future tax burden. He is now enjoying his Aussie life with a peace of mind.
We were completing Peter’s individual tax return and 360 degrees reviewing his tax position as usual. We found Peter was paying enormous amount of insurances within his superannuation fund that he has no ideas of. Such a large amount of insurance premium is eating into his superannuation balance and can cause a serious issue when approaching retirement.
We have completed a factor finder session and identified the real needs for Mr Smith. We have saved Mr Smith 30% insurance premium ($3,500) a year and made the premium structure more tax deduction friendly.
Mary would like to boost her superannuation balance, so she can use it to fund her future retirement. May has a fully paid off commercial property but she doesn’t have enough liquid cash to make any large contribution to her Superannuation fund.
After completing the Statement of Advice, we have set up a SMSF and a custodian trust for Mary. Portion of her commercial property was transferred over as in-specie contribution while the rest is through LRBA with a related party borrowing arrangement. As Mary have engaged the full service, we have also requested the stamp duty on the transfer of property from $25,000 to be reduced to only $500.
- Topics on CGT and GST for property buyers (14) 5 March 2021Under S.14-250 of Schedule 1, where a recipient of a taxable supply (i.e., a property buyer) has acquired property subject to GST withholding, they are required to withhold an amount from the purchase price. The GST withholding rules apply to the following taxable supplies:
- Topics on CGT and GST for property buyers (13) 5 March 2021The withholding amount is generally required to be paid by settlement date (under a standard land contract). Where a property is acquired under an instalment contract, the due date for the withholding payment is on the day the first instalment is paid. A payment may be made to the ATO by the buyer either directly or indirectly (through the seller).
- Topics on CGT and GST for property buyers (12) 5 March 2021An increasing number of businesses (particularly within the residential premises development sector) have used a practice known as ‘phoenixing’ to avoid their GST obligations, resulting in a significant loss of Government revenue.
Make an Appointment in Our Live Calendar
We offer 45 mins free consultation for all new and current clients every year
Business Tax Chatswood
Accessible and responsive, every step of the way
It can be very complex when determining the income tax obligations of a business. Companies can be at risk of noncompliance unintentionally, due to ATO constantly changing rules and regulations.
We share the same goal with you with our professional tax planning and preparation services. We maximize value by positioning companies for future growth, seeking tax opportunities as well as minimize risk. We advise both small to medium companies at all stages of growth, tailoring our strategies to each company’s unique needs, and expanding them as clients mature. We work closely with you, and remain accessible and responsive to help you achieve your business goals.
Taxideas.com.au provides a full range of integrated services, including preparing personal income tax returns, corporate income tax returns, trusts and partnerships, corresponding with government tax authorities, filing tax elections, and financial advisory. Our strength is to identify opportunities that will minimize long term tax burdens, advice on tax implications of proposed transactions, review the effectiveness of business structures, and manage funds. We have the key to unlock the powerful unknowns to make sure you are ahead of the game.
Tax Return Chatswood
Income Tax Accounting Chatswood
Comprehensive income tax accounting services Ensure you are compliant with the increasingly complex regulatory environments.
It is vital to ensure all financial statements of our clients are compliant. Restatements or material weakness reports are not only costly and time consuming, it significantly damages an organization’s integrity.
Tax Ideas understands the challenges presented by constantly changing tax laws as well as its complexity. We use a collaborative approach to help ensure our clients’ income tax provisions are correct, supported and explainable. We assist companies of all sizes in a wide range of industries and ensure we adhere to all government guidelines.
Our services include:
- Tax accounting and Tax accounting consultation
- Financial statement preparation
- Income tax preparation
- Global coordination: international income tax accounting
- Trust Management Services
- Funds Management Services
- Financial Advisory
- SMSF Services (Self Managed Super Fund)
We offer consultations to help you assess your tax positions, including:
- Inventory tax positions
- Permanent establishment analysis
- Transfer pricing studies
- Loss limitation analysis
- Cross border tax structures
Tax Ideas is capable of working as your Global Income Tax Accounting team, we ensure consistent service, no matter where you operate in the world.
Trust, Estate and Succession Planning Chatswood
There is only one roadmap – Yours
There are a lot of tough conversations involved in developing an estate or succession plan. One important question to start and finish the discussion is always “what matters most”. We work closely with our clients and their families to create comprehensive estate and succession plans tailored for current and future generations which allow for long-term wealth preservation. We evolve our professional recommendations over time to reflect the changing goals or circumstances of our clients.
We aim to aim to minimize risks, tax burdens, simplify complexity, allow for long-term wealth preservation and create peace of mind for our clients. Our services include:
- Charitable Gift Planning
- Tax Compliance for Estates
- Tax Planning for family trusts
- Business transition
- Succession planning
- Estate planning services